Thursday, November 13, 2008

Update

I spoke with the Geneticist today and all of Faith's testing came back negative. The Dr. said that he has no further recommendations and we should follow up in 6 months, and I'm completely OK with that.

I forget about, with each kid we have, that period of adjustment. With Faith it seemed that the adjustment period lasted longer than usual. I'm not sure if it's because she was adopted or if it's her special needs, maybe both. I finally feel that period has passed. I feel very content and happy with the new structure of our family. I no longer concern myself with what is causing Faiths delays, rather I've accepted her as she is and look forward to watching her grow. I feel like supermom, I can conquer the world and anything that it throws at me.

Paris ad Roc are doing well. They have been busy with school, soccer, krav maga and Spanish class. Rex is 2yrs old, enough said, and Faith is progressing everyday. Her next goal is to earn to crawl. I ask that you pray for her to achieve that goal. Jaymes been doing well. He is still exercising and watching his eating, although challenging at times, he is powering through it.

I have an amazing family and although chaotic to most I love every minute of it.




12 comments:

Vanessa said...

Praying Baby Faith continues to make great strides!!

Grandma Honey said...

I'm so proud of you and how much you love your family! It shows!!

veggiemom said...

I'm so glad your finding peace with Faith's development. Will be sending happy crawling thoughts your way!

Angie's blog said...

That is great!! I can just see it now, you are going to have a posting of faith crawling all over the place!!!! I just know it!!! Yes, you are supermom!! You go girl!!!! Glad to see that your spirits are up!! whoo hoo!!

Elena's Girl said...

What an uplifting post! Your family is beautiful. I'm sure Faith will make tons of progress with a mommy like you.

Becky said...

Just checking in on you and your beautiful family. Faith is getting so big! I pray for you daily.

Becky and Jack

Steph said...

Cute pictures! I LOVE your photo shoot. BEAUTIFUL!!!

The adjustment is tough and takes time. But, the peace that comes after that is amazing! I am praying that Faith continues to thrive! You are a supermom for sure!

Courtney said...

Yippie.....That is sweet. LOVE YOUR NEW LOOK OF YOUR BLOG.you are a good mommy. courtney

Heidi said...

So glad everyone is doing well and pretty soon Faith will be crawling, no doubt! You are supermom!

redhawks said...

Good to hear...glad you guys are doing so well!
Jen :)

Ella Marie Boutique said...

Thank you for the heads-up on EMB! I fixed the Room for One More link. They have a blog, roomforonemoreorg.blogspot.com while they set up their website that will hopefully be up soon!
Who did your Christmas themed blog makeover?
Sarah

Kim said...

Glad to hear that you are more at peace. The kids are adorable. Love the new look to the blog!