Sunday, May 18, 2008

HOT, HOT, HOT

It is HOT out here. The temperature over the weekend was in the high 90's to low 100's. Thank goodness for the pool. The pool is probably the best investment we've ever made. We swam all weekend, at least until the pool became to warm. The kids are all wiped out. You know when your two year old is tired when at 7:00pm he comes to you and says "Night night Mom", and then passes out as soon as he hits the pillow. The babies, as I now call my 1 year old and 2 year old, are sleeping. Two kids down and two to go.

Things have been crazy here. I'm mentally exhausted. Faith is starting to sleep through the night, so I've been able to catch up on my sleep a little. She is in the process of cutting two teeth, which will make four, and she is totally miserable. Meanwhile, she is in the process of having all her evaluations done for our Early Intervention program in order to begin therapy. I'm slowly learning how to help her with her physical and cognitive delays. I't is such unfamiliar territory. She has started to eat baby foods, I have her up to 4/5 jars of stage two foods a day, with the exception of an off day such as today. We attempted to have an eye exam and that didn't go over well. The doctor couldn't do the exam since Faith was being uncooperative so he suggested we put her under anesthestia to do the exam. I decided to pass on that and will try another exam in a few months. I'm trying to stay positive and optimistic about her growth, it's not always easy. My other kids are great with her. Paris adores her. She is a lot of help. Rex is protective and jealous over her, but I know that those two will be close. Roc loves her, but just goes about his daily business and may stop to acknowledge her once in awhile. The hubby is stressed out and overwhelmed with four kids, but for a man who only wanted two kids, he's doing pretty well. I couldn't do it without him, or the Nanny. Love ya B.

My thoughts and prayers have been with my fellow bloggers whom are still struggling to bring their babies home. I'm sending my love. Stay strong and positive.

1 comment:

veggiemom said...

The first weeks and months are so hard but it does get better. Hope the teeth are through soon so Faith is feeling better.
Kerri and Ruby