Friday, February 12, 2010

So I have been struggling with a big decision. Maybe you can help me.

As most of you know my desire to have more kids is GREAT. My husbands desire for more kids not so great. However, he as given me the go ahead.

Our situation is this. We have 3 biological children and 1 adopted child. After our third child my husband got a vasectomy. Unfortunately my desire for more kids was to powerful for his vasectomy, so we adopted. When we adopted our daughter from Guatemala, I knew we were making the right decision. I never had a doubt in my mind that adopting from Guatemala was the right choice for us. I feel so blessed everyday to have had the opportunity to adopt our daughter.

Now that we have decide to have another child, I am not so clear on how to go about it. As of now we are leaning towards adopting from Ethiopia. But I am just not feeling 100% sure about it. Other options are Foster/Adopt, Domestic Adoption, vasectomy reversal, IVF, Artificial Insemination, etc..

Each of the above options has there negative and positive.

I pray, pray, pray about this and hope to get a clearer answer soon. Please dont mis interpret this. I am not complaining. It's a GREAT problem to have.

So what does everyone think. What would you do right now in your life if you were faced with the same issue?


Pineapple Princess said...

That's a tough question. I don't think you can go wrong, though. For me, adoption would be my first choice. I am so excited to see what is next for you!

TuTu's Bliss said...

I would just pause. I have always found the answers come to me when I stop asking questions. Pause sounds so easy right? But I know it isn't. Asking to yourself to give your greatest desire a forced break to sort itself out is no easy task. Hugs and Love!!