Friday, July 17, 2009

What time is it? It's Simi Time. Updated

Update: THE BOYS WON THEIR GAME. NOW OFF TO THE SEMI FINALS TOMORROW THEN ON TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.


Have you ever prayed for something, that you knew you probably shouldn't pray about, but wanted something so badly to happen that you hoped prayer would make a difference. Even if the prayer was partly for the right reason and partly for the wrong reasons.

My sons All Star team is playing in the World Series. All the teams are amazing. We never know from one game to the next who's going to win. We do know that if our boys play there A game the chances of them winning is really good. The issue is, the boys are 6 and 7 years old and nobody can expect them to play a perfect game all the time. Entering this weeks tournament our team was guaranteed 3 games and we had to win all three games to advance to the semi-finals, then on to the championship game. We've won 2 games and play the 3rd tomorrow. The part that sucks is if we win, another team loses, and all these boys have worked so hard to get to where they are.

Which leads me to my prayer. I've been praying that the boys will win all 3 games and make it to Sunday and I pray that the boys win the whole tournament. Our team has had some ups and downs lately, details I can not go into. I want them to win, but as a Mother I really want them to win, selfish, yes. So I am asking that you send the boys a prayer. Please pray that no matter the outcome, the boys have an amazing time and whether they win or lose they walk away proud of their accomplishments and know that they are champions in the eyes of so many.





3 comments:

Gardenia said...

Hi Suzanne. loved your post on the Love Shack. Your family is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog. All your children are adorable. I hope the baseball winning continues.

We have three children adopted from Guatemala. Our daughter (Grace who is 2 1/2) suffers from significant global developmental delays due to a problem with her brain. The pictures of Faith during therapy really touched me because they look so much like my daughter. We too are starting the IEP process and I am struggling with getting the support we both need.

I look forward to continuing to follow your blog, as our paths are similar.

demp5 said...

What is going on with the Riggios? Would love to see some pictures of your beautiful kiddos.
Meghan