Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas has come and gone, but the spirit is still lingering.

I love the holiday season, but often I feel like it comes and goes in a flash. We spend so much time cooking for Thanksgiving, then take 5 minutes to eat and an hour to clean up. All that work for a 5 minute meal, (5 minutes, because I'm so damn hungry I scarf it down). Then there's Christmas. It takes us a week to decorate and a week to undecorate, months of shopping, and Christmas comes and goes in a day. Don't you think the birth of Christ should be celebrated all year long. I love having a Christmas tree, with it's pretty lights and home-made ornament. Since that has become a symbol of Christmas, the birth of our SAVIOR, we should keep the tree up all year long. OK, sounds good by the hubby would never go for it. Then there's Hanukkah, i mean really, that's more like it. 8 days, candle lighting each night and then a present. It's just not over in a blink of an eye.

None-the-less, the holidays were a success. The kids enjoyed all their gifts and the time spent with the family. I marveled in the joy of having Faith home for Christmas, although sick and fussy, she loved her new toys.

Now I will get to the picture parade, enjoy....

















6 comments:

veggiemom said...

Looks like it was a great day! Happy holidays!!!

Lund7 said...

Great pictures of your kids! You're right...Christmas flies by every year after so much anticipation, shopping, cooking, baking. I always feel kind of sad when all the fun and busy-ness of the day is over. Hope you have a blessed 2009!!

Robyn said...

What cute pics!!

Angie's blog said...

Is that Faith I see sitting without assistance?? Cute pics of the family!!

Anonymous said...

Your children are just toooo cute!!!! I love baby girls Lou lou outfit!

hugss,Leslie

Jarka said...

oh I love all those photos but the last one is the best :D
I´m sure you had wonderful christmas :D