Sunday, April 20, 2008

Life is crazy




Here are some pictures from our pick up trip. The pick up trip went great. My mother, sister and daughter traveled with me. Everything went perfect. Faith did really well during the time she spent with us in Guatemala. She only seemed to cry when hungry or tired. Now that we are home it's a different story. I new that Faith was a bit delayed when going to pick her up, however I wasn't prepared for how delayed she really was. Faith is almost 11 months old and is much more like a 5/6 month old. She can barely roll from her back to side and she doesn't sit up or crawl. She has very low muscle tone and only eats from a bottle. I am aware and believe in many reason as to why she has not developed as she should and have full confidence that over time she will be just fine and catch up. We saw the pediatrician on Saturday because she wasn't eating. The doc said she is fine, so hopefully she is just grieving. Faith weighs 14.3 lbs, so we go back to the doctor on Monday for a weight check. He also wants her to see a neirologist just to make sure her delays are not a neurological disorder.

We have had a very rough couple of days, but things seem to be looking up. Faith is so beautiful and precious and we all just adore her. My seven year old daughter thinks she got her very own live baby doll. Those two are going to have a very close bound.

Well thiat is all I have time for now. I'll keep everyone posted.

Thank you to everyone that still supports us and congratulations to all my blogger buddies whom are moving right along. BRING THOSE BABIES HOME.

9 comments:

Heidi said...

I can already tell Faith and your daughter have a close bond! That is wonderful. I hope all goes well with her and that she checks out to be healthy. When Emmi was 11 months she was 15 lbs. so I wouldn't worry terribly about her weight. She is just beautiful!

Terry said...

Judy forwarded your website today and I watched the video! I cried! Unconditional love is such a sweet and tender thing! No matter what the future holds for you and your family, this is the love that will get you thru the hard times and multiply the joyous times....You all have been in my thoughts and I continue to send light and love to all of you. I want to see the baby, but I feel that you all need bonding time without the energy of too many people all at once after the the type of environment Faith came from. I understand, because Dino was institutionalized twice, drug rehab for a year, and prison for 3 1/2 years. Each time he came back it was hard to adjust to food and people! It took a long time for him to go out in public, places like the Malls were very difficult for him. Your baby was in a sense institutionalized with lack of stimulation, touch , different food, different language...with all of that said..given time, your sweet little girl, picked by God to be with you and Jayme, will blossom into a beautiful spirit and daughter! Another time I will share with you what I know of my Mothers adoption!...Love you all! Aunt Terry

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

Oh, Faith is AMAZING!!!!! I am so glad she is home!!! CONGRATS!!!

veggiemom said...

Love the pics!
Keep me posted on how things go.
Kerri and Ruby

Kim said...

Love the new pictures! Faith is such a cutie!

Heidi said...

No, Emmi wasn't developmentally delayed at all. But..I attribute that to her good foster care. The only thing she couldn't do really was feed herself because I think her FM just spoon fed her. It did not take her long to figure that out herself though. Good luck, I'm sure she'll catch up so quickly now that she is home!

Gail said...

Faith is so tiny. My Johanna is almost 9 months old and weighs 19.5 pounds. Johanna did not sit up until she got home. She doesn't roll over, crawl or even hole her own bottle. She will. Faith will too.
Hang in there!
Gail

Steph said...

What beautiful pictures!!

Have you looked into Early Intervention services? I am sure your social worker can assist you with getting connected. Early Intervention is wonderful and they can do tons of assessments and give suggestions on how you can promote her development.

Katie said...

She is adorable .... hope it gets easier for you both :)